Saturday, November 25, 2023

Day of the Dead

I was inspired by Megan to start celebrating Day of the Dead. How she does it is that throughout the year she celebrates ancestors by showing pictures of them, telling stories about them, and sometimes eating a food or doing an activity associated with them. She already had a lot of the information gathered about the Blood side of the family tree, which was awesome! I did a pretty decent job of keeping up for the first half of the year, then slacked off with the birthday celebrations. We will have many faces added to our ofrenda next year. This year we scrounged up all the loose frames we could find in the house and used the pictures we already had. 
I like how it turned out!

My side of the family

Aaron's side 

I love this new tradition! It is so meaningful to put up these pictures and teach our children where they come from. 

No comments:

Post a Comment