Saturday, November 25, 2023

Catch-All Fall

Here's some of what we have been up to this Fall. 

Isaac and I go to playgroup at the church every Thursday. Isaac has a good group of buddies who only occasionally beat him up! Here they are in a "boat."

I for Isaac! One day we ventured out with friends to the new letter art installation in Sahuarita, and the mosaic underpass. It was cool but stressful with so many little kids nearish to the road. 

One day we meet up at the park, and Hannah brought her baby bunnies!!! It was absolutely the cutest event imaginable. 

Isaac went through a phase where he would assume this position on our rug. We called it "Praying to Mecca"

A girl Annie's age moved in next door! Summer and Annie chat over the back wall and play at each other's houses all the time. She's a cute girl, and it's fun having her over. 

Elliot and I went to a stake mother/son activity

We did this puzzle so swiftly

Elliot has been learning how to code in Scratch! We got a subscription to this online tutorial thing called CodaKid. He follows the tutorials then adds his own spins and levels to the games he makes. He got to showcase his "slither," "mission apocalypse," and "space maze" games at a primary showcase. 

Elliot has had two field trips so far- one with his Sopori class to the Desert Museum and one with his general class to the Children's Museum. I got to chaperone both. He was acting too cool for me at the beginning but then got to talking to me and held my hand without noticing it as we were walking along. I hope he doesn't get too cool for me for at least a few more years. 

I still take James to the library for their Wednesday craft activities. It cracked me up when they started live playing a tower defense video game on the library steps.

We went camping with the Sevy's at Kartchner Caverns. It got chilly at night, but I had us loaded up with all the wool socks and coats. We toured the cave which was so cool! The rock formations were mind blowing. We were particularly impressed with the cave bacon. I would love to go back and do the more intense tours. Our kids truly love camping. They get along better than they do at home, and they are always asking when we can go again as we are driving away. 

I organized a ward service activity at a homeless shelter. We staffed two shifts in the kitchen prepping for their big Thanksgiving event. The Gospel Rescue Mission is an amazing organization, and I was glad we were able to support them. 

I got called as Relief Society president back in July, immediately before we left on our Canada trip. It was a bit of a faltering start - both my counselors were gone when we were called, then I was gone when they were sustained. It has been really, really cool for me to care about the women in my ward in an expanded way. I feel like we have already been through a wringer - a former member of our ward was murdered under tragic circumstances. We were all reeling. 

There have already been times where I need to do something simple, like ask someone to teach a lesson, and that person can't teach but then opens up to me about something different but important. The clearest personal revelation I have ever had occurred when Bishop told me to think about who should be my counselors. It has been really cool to take up the mantle for a while. I feel expanded by it, and I've been able to put my own disappointments on the backburner and focus on others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment