Thursday, July 16, 2015

Elliot Stats and a Shirtless Baby

We had Elliot's 6 month check up after we got back. Here's the stats. 
(Don't worry, I adjusted for the extra half month or so in age to get the percentiles)
(Because I know everyone's primary concern here is accurate data)

Weight 16 lb 13 oz (27%)
Length 27.5" (71%)
Head 17.25" (52%)
Cuteness 1,000,000 (100%)


Elliot has mastered sitting up and is a pretty talented roller, but he hasn't shown any signs of trying to crawl. No teeth yet either. I'm not in a rush for either of those things, so that's ok! He has a lot to say all the time now, and I love having babble conversations with my little buddy.

We've been having fun slipping him more and more foods and see him go to town on them. He really likes cheerios, but usually ends up clenching them in his fist while he sucks his thumb and then rubbing them into his clothes. He hasn't turned his nose up at anything since his first encounter with sweetened applesauce. I'm still primarily nursing him.

Desperate lunge for more food
Banana mush beard
Banana mush beards are best when they are immediately followed by baths. This is my favorite strategy for feeding him mushy things- less laundry this way.

He rotated all the way around to face the in-tub entertainment center (aka faucet)

No comments:

Post a Comment