Thursday, July 16, 2015

A Few More Days in McLean

We had a couple more days in McLean after the beach before flying home. 

On the first day, we ventured to DC to check out the Library of Congress. I had somehow never been there before despite living in the area my whole childhood. It was way beautiful! We also checked out the Supreme Court building just because we happened to fine parking right next to it. I had never been there either. 

Strollin' around DC
The capitol building is in the background. The dome has been under renovation for a few years now.
 I didn't take any pictures inside any of the DC buildings because I was taking videos for a movie that Breezy has been assigned to make. We'll see if that ends up happening :)

The next day Clint, Aaron and I ditched Elliot to check out Difficult Run Trail. I've been wanting to take Aaron here for a long time because it was one of my favorite hang out spots back in the day. We had some great philosophical discussions along the way. 

Me and my broski by the Potomac River

Me and that guy I'm in love with by the Potomac River
The next picture is Aaron standing at the entrance to the water cave. You turn sideways and go down and to the left until you are standing up to your knees in water. It is super dark unless you bring a waterproof flashlight. Then you turn and duck under a low hanging rock and you find yourself in a small cave behind a little waterfall! I spent a significant portion of the summer of 2011 swimming around here. We didn't wear our swimsuits so we didn't go in. 

Aaron at the cave entrance

I love this picture of Clint!

What a good looking rock formation
Aaron is ok too I guess
Breezy and Mom had the genius idea of drawing eyeliner eyebrows on Elliot.
Elliot didn't love the application 

But the results were pretty hilarious
Elliot enjoyed watching us play and trying to Acquire as many cards as he could get his hands/mouth on
I think that the best part of this trip was seeing my siblings be uncles/an aunt for the first time- they hadn't met him in person yet. They were all so good at getting him to laugh, although I didn't get any volunteers to help change diapers... 


No comments:

Post a Comment