Thursday, July 16, 2015

Summer Vacation Part 1

Summer vacation step one: Fly to DC!

We drove up to Phoenix and spent the night with Mary & Scott the night before. It is great being able to have a place to crash near the cheaper airport, and it is always fun to visit with our favorite Bears! 

Elliot did really well on his first flight.

Family plane selfie
The first leg of the flight was just an hour and a half. I nursed him and he fell asleep as soon as we got on the plane and he didn't wake up until after we landed in Denver. I was pleasantly surprised!

Snuggled with to the tray table

Putting the "lay" in "layover"
 The second leg of the flight was 3ish hours and Elliot slept for about an hour then played with his toys. He fussed a little during the descent but once he started sucking on something he was fine. 

Then we were in McLean! I love how lush and green my hometown is. It is always great to go home. 
Helping Grandpa Johnson with his iPad

Note the protective pillows- he hadn't quite mastered sitting, but he had it down cold by the end of the trip

 Most of my family was actually gone when we got there- Mom and Breezy were at Theatre Nationals and Blake was working at a scout camp.

We stole Breezy's car (that she can't drive because she doesn't have her license yet) and drove up to see Jonny & Megan for a couple days. Side note- Breezy's car is lovingly called the "Fatty Caddy." It is a 1998 souped up Cadillac. It is totally a grandpa car with a leather bench front row that they bought for super cheap at a neighbor's estate sale or something like that. My dad once called it the "land yacht" because of how wide it is. It was fun to drive but they are probably going to sell it because it gets terrible gas mileage. 

Anyways, it was fun to see Jonny & Megan's awesome new house! We had fun hanging out and getting some crab soup and ice cream at the local dairy farm.
Cousins have such wonderful toys to steal and chew on

Aaron is always sooooo excited to play with Catherine, and it seems to be mutual.
Catherine once told me "you are not funny. Uncle Aaron is the only one who is funny."

Rapunzel tower complete with a gunport

Aaron 2.0 making poor choices with the disk golf set.
He fell over because I paused to take this picture before helping him
(as any good aunt would). 
I got to see a bunch of my friends from my home ward that were home for the summer! I love my McLean 1 pals so much and wish I had had more time to catch up with them. We played gatorball at the church. We built Elliot a protective pod out of chairs, but didn't get to stay all that long until he declared that it was bedtime. The next day we repacked everything and drove down to the beach!

No comments:

Post a Comment