Sunday, June 13, 2021

The Great Popcorn Protest

 Popcorn. Some people love it. Most people are pretty neutral about it. Elliot hates it with a burning passion. I think that this is probably because I burned a couple bags in a row, and now he absolutely refuses to try any more. 

A while back we had some kids over to play. I asked them if they wanted popcorn. Everyone cheered "yes" except for Elliot, who made a weird face and then ran over to his craft cabinet. And thus was born the popcorn protest box. 



He punched armholes in a box and covered every side with anti-popcorn propaganda. My favorite is the hand with a sign under that said "raise your hand if you hate popcorn" and the picture of popcorn crying while a stick figure says "I hate you popcorn."

The popcorn boxes in our pantry were relabeled 

I found this in the pantry as well- several paper cutouts of "gross popcorn seeds" in a box.

The force of his hatred was much greater than I had anticipated. But it is nice that he vents it through crafting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment