Sunday, June 13, 2021

We've got VISITORS!

We lured my parents and Max and Morgan out to visit us with promises of another peach palooza. Unfortunately, we pruned the tree back hard this year and got a much smaller harvest that was mostly done by the time they got here. We had enough to make peach pizza and eat a few, but that was it. Pretty tragic. Here's hoping for a bigger harvest next year!

The first few days were spent looking at houses with my parents. I always get a kick out of touring homes, and it was extra exciting thinking about my parents moving here. We spent a lot of time talking about the "Haunted Hacienda." It is this huge hacienda style house that has been on and off the market for like 6 years even though it is really cool, which is why we decided it is haunted. My dad loves it and is trying to rebrand it as "Hacienda Magnifico." It has a few weird layout things that make it less than ideal. We will see what they end up doing!

There was a whole lot of snuggling up with Grumpa and watching prank videos on YouTube. Even Isaac started to get in on the action near the end- he would pull himself up and try to grab the iPad.

Annie was quite pleased the entire time she got to ride on Grumpa's shoulders


My mom brought the kids this STEM fun book that was a total hit. It had lots of quick, easy, and interesting science experiments and activities. Elliot was way into it. 
They tried to build an edible treat version of a roman road with layers of brown sugar, crackers, and chocolate. The road experiment ended in disaster when the microwave safe container we were making it in MELTED in the microwave, causing me to immediately order some glass storage containers. 

Just a low key zipline in our kitchen!

Then Max and Morgan came out! Naturally we had to go to El Guero Canelo and play tons of games. Max has a new one called Fishers of Men that I really like. He's pitching it to the producers of a TV show called The Chosen. He originally made the game with a different theme, but he modified it to fit  the show and is hoping to get it published as the show's official game, which could lead to future game making opportunities for him. I hope it works out because that would be such an awesome job for him! Max also had a crazy story of this totally unqualified guy giving him bad advice and trying to get "co-designer" credit for the game. Naturally we spent the week claiming co-designer credit for all sorts of things. 
Hitting up an outdoor production at the gaslight theatre. Mom and I were the only ones who actually liked it, but everyone else indulged us.

We spent a lovely morning at Patagonia Lake. We went on a weekday morning, so it wasn't very crowded at all. Max and I went rouge and swam out of the designated swimming area to check out this rocky area on the far side of the lake. I am proud to say that I was hardly winded when we got across, even though Max was huffing. Now we need to go rock climbing together so that he can humble me a bit. 

Aaron turned 32! Isn't he just the cutest? 
Mom made him some delicious peanut butter cupcakes. 

After Max and Morgan left, we put my parents to work! They very generously helped us out with some projects. Dad built us some shelves in our garage and fixed a broken chair, and mom taught us how to reupholster chairs. I absolutely adore how everything turned out. I predict that it will be many weeks before I can walk into my garage or kitchen without grinning at the project successes. 

Dad fixing the trapdoor chair while Annie repeatedly steals his pencil 

Reupholstering the chairs wasn't nearly as hard as I thought it would be, and it looks so good!


 It's great having parents with sweet skills to teach us stuff. They are absolute pros. 

Annie was absolutely ecstatic to find a ladybug in the garden

Mimi had the great idea to pick a flower to match each color of her rainbow skirt on our evening walk. She knows Annie so well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment