Saturday, August 24, 2024

Quail Hat Party

My birthday was a week after we got home from the cruise. A combination of morning sickness and overexposure to constant deserts on the cruise left me without my usual yearnings for deluxe chocolate cheesecake. Instead, I opted for Captain Rodney's dip for my birthday treat this year. 

 

Joanna, Rayne, Jacob, and Natalie were in town visiting that weekend. We got to spend the morning up in Madera Canyon.


The most memorable part of this birthday was that my friend Analisa gave me a set of fancy hats for my quail! I had an absolute blast attempting to have a photo shoot with my feathered ladies. 

I had visions of 6 quails pecking around in their tea party attire. Unfortunately, they hated the hats and shook them off immediately when I put them down. 

My neighbor Ariel is an avian ally- she has two chickens and a duck. We watch each other's birds when we go on vacation. Naturally, I had to invite her over to help me wrangle hats onto a couple of our feathered friends. We definitely had more fun than the birds did.

No comments:

Post a Comment