Sunday, January 3, 2021

Thanksgiving

 We were able to lure Breezy to visit us for a week and a half over Thanksgiving! She was pleased to leave her snow encrusted Idaho for some Arizona weather. We even snuck her into the pool! She is reading The Way of Kings and I loved being able to share my Stormlight Achieve obsession with her.  Elliot was very eager to suck up as much crafting time with her as possible. They plowed through every Thanksgiving craft imaginable before getting a head start on Christmas crafts. 

Hands down the most manic picture of my son ever taken. Crafting brings out his wild side. 

Breezy brought some modeling clay

After about 1 million games of Mancala, Breezy managed to divert his attention by getting Elliot to balance as many of the Mancala beads as possible on Annie's face. She was surprisingly good at lying still for it! Elliot wouldn't let us get more than a couple on his face. 

This boy loves his aunt. And snapchat filters. 


We made both sweet and savory stuffings because Stephen and Claudia claimed that they "didn't like stuffing" so I had to do my darndest to show them how good stuffing can be. I managed to get my turkey fully defrosted this time, but it still took longer than it should have to cook. I video chatted with Elder Johnson while I was cooking and he was oh so critical of my bacon proportions. I love being able to talk to him more while he's out on his mission. 

All and all it was a great Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment