Sunday, June 9, 2019

Wienermobile

Once upon a time our car was having battery issues, so I took it into Firestone. Little did I know that it would lead to a magical encounter with the legendary Wienermobile 



Normally I would have thought "cool," snapped a picture, and carried on with my life. But since I had 40 minutes to kill, I found myself having a lengthy conversation with the hotdoggers. Apparently there are 3 wienermobiles currently travelling the US. Every year they hire 6 college graduates to work a year on the Wienermobile. They go to Hot Dog High for training, then hit the road! They spend a week in a city going to random parades or parking lots. They let people into the Wienermobile and hand out the classic wiener whistle and stickers. When they aren't out interacting with the people, they post on social media and produce podcasts and marketing videos. They spend 6 months with one partner in one of the US zones, then switch it up for the last 6 months of their contract. They do a lot of training with the drivers of the Planter's Peanutmobile, which has a very similar program. The gossip is that Ryan the hotdogger is dating Molly the Peanut Girl. 

They had music playing. At one point, Elliot asked me "what song is this?" I could tell it was by Monsters and Men, but couldn't tell what song it was, so I guessed "Dirty Paws." The playlist shuffled to the next song, WHICH ACTUALLY WAS DIRTY PAWS! Ryan the hotdogger flipped out because apparently the playlist is huge and he thought that I magically controlled the playlist. 
They are very willing to sing the Oscar Mayer Wiener song on demand


Aaron made this meme making fun of me in the week following the Wienermobile incident. 
The Wienermobile drove off into the sunset, but it will always have a place in my heart. 

1 comment:

  1. You have a gift for finding out what makes people or situations unique or interesting and then delighting in it :)

    ReplyDelete