Sunday, January 10, 2016

Elliot Turns 1

Elliot turned 1 on December 20! It was the Sunday before Christmas, so we went to church in the afternoon.

Birthday boy with a seasonal backdrop

He had some great pre-church entertainment from the Prestwich boys. Love all the blondies. 






After Church and a nap, we had some friends over for cupcakes. I forgot to put eggs in the first batch (which is really impressive because it was a box mix so I literally only had to add 3 things), so most of the cupcakes were exceedingly crumbly. I also was a little experimental about the frosting, so it was a "choose your own adventure" type of treat.

Elliot was... not thrilled about the whole birthday party thing.

"HOW DARE YOU SING TO ME AND GIVE ME A CUPCAKE"

Note the frosting on his hand. He grabbed the cupcake before we got the candle in it. He was restrained so that he wouldn't grab the lit candle.

Momentarily distracted by fire

Back to crying

"*sob* I guess I'll eat some of my cupcake *sob*"
He was much happier once the cupcake ordeal was over and we let him crawl around. I think he was tired and scared of Lakin's big, soul-snatching camera, because he cried whenever she took a picture of him.


Here's the video for all you dedicated Elliot fans out there:

No comments:

Post a Comment