Sunday, January 31, 2016

A Quarter Century with Ashley

I turned 25! It really snuck up on me this year. They called me up to sing happy birthday to me in Primary the Sunday before my birthday and I was completely blindsided- I thought it was a week later.

Aaron did a great job of spoiling me. We went out to dinner at a fancy burger place I picked out.
Elliot was amused by the dangling string on my hoodie
What a great little buddy
 Aaron also sneakily made me a fancy chocolate raspberry cake the night before my birthday while I was at a Relief Society activity. He asked me to get him something from the fridge when I got home and BAM-O there was a cake in there!

We did a video call with my family on my birthday so that they could sing to me and watch us eat cake. Elliot liked this cake much more than the carrot cake cupcakes we made for his birthday and downed quite a bit of it. Delish!
Well done, sneaky baker Aaron
Aaron got me a baking stone, so I can now attempt to make fancy breads
(Stealing a cookbook from the Hays helped too)
How does it feel to be 25? Pretty good. I'm quite pleased with the experiences I've had in my first quarter century and am looking forward to the next!

No comments:

Post a Comment