Sunday, March 22, 2015

Freak Sock Injury

 Now for the exciting tale of Elliot's freak sock injury!

Elliot had been wearing the same pair of socks for several days- he only has a few pairs that he won't kick off so I tend to leave them on. I took them off on St. Patricks day to switch to green socks (the extent of our holiday celebration). As soon as the sock was off, I saw that his pinky toe was BRIGHT red and really swollen. A piece of string had wrapped around his toe so tightly that it cut into his skin. 

I got the string off but was worried that his toe might have been without circulation for several days. I called my friend Lakin and she was kind enough to let me come over and assure me that my baby's toe was not about to fall off. 

The toe 1 day later
The weird thing is that Elliot didn't shown any signs of pain. He even let me pick at it for a while to make sure I got all the string before starting to fuss. We got it all cleaned up and it is almost completely healed a week later. 

No comments:

Post a Comment