Sunday, October 23, 2022

Provo Airport Party

 After the friend reunion came to a close, we headed to the Provo Airport to fly home. The good news was that the airport was newly remodeled with an awesome family room! It featured these firm foam shapes that kids can use to make tunnels and obstacle courses. So great for kids to be able to blow off steam while waiting for the plane! We were also the only flight going out that afternoon, so it wasn't crowded at all. 


The bad news was that our plane was delayed. By 5 hours. Apparently we had the honor of being the first delayed flight ever at the new airport! There was some problem with the landing gear of our plane, so we had to wait for another plane to come over from California. 

We were compensated with free pizza since there were no restaurants open in the airport yet. Some intrepid father got Frozen playing on the TV in the family room and later played "animal freeze dance" on his phone. At first they were saying that nobody would be able to leave the airport since TSA had already gone home for the day, but luckily they got enough of them to come back for a later shift. There was a catch though- we had already returned our rental car and checked our car seats, so we were stuck. 

I sent a text complaining about it to my family text. Max immediately called me. It turns out that Breezy and Blake were at his house only 20 minutes away from us! I should have been able to put this together- I knew they were going to stay with Max after they got out of school- but I didn't realize that I would be so close to them on our vacation! My Utah geography is exceptionally poor. 

They showed up pronto, and we hung out in the empty airport lobby! It was my first time seeing Blake in person since he got home from his mission, and it was great giving him a hug. Annie loved getting some Morgan snuggles, and Max and Blake were very efficient at helping my kids get their wiggles out. They were all laughing up a storm. Annie was admiring Breezy's ring collection and Breezy gave her a rose ring. She has worn it constantly since then, and I catch her singing to it on a regular basis. 

Some sort of escape/battle game going on here

"Oh no, Annie escaped us again!"

We got to hang out for 2 hours with the sibs. It was great! I would have planned a hang out time on purpose if I had realized we would all be in the same area!

No comments:

Post a Comment