Wednesday, April 20, 2022

A McLean Christmas

 Christmas in McLean is always a blast, and this year was no exception! I love the warm coziness of the house full of family and decorated for the holidays. 

Isaac plays endless rounds of "put pom poms in and out of a shot glass" while his siblings do Christmas Crafts with Aunt Breezy

Christmas nail polish on Annie, Mimi, and Aunt Trisha

Christmas Eve Fondue!

This year we put on a nativity! It was mostly me, Mimi, and Annie who wanted to do it. Everyone else tolerated our performance and for that I am grateful. 
Mary and Joseph make our grand entry

The angel, both in and out of the nativity. She adored the bow Mimi tied in her hair.

Baby Jesus kept poking me in the nose


After the stunning performance, Mom and I convinced everyone to sing christmas carols! Max was spending the night with Morgan's family (they bounced between families for the whole break), so I got to be the guitarist. Guitar Christmas sing-a-longs are one of my all time favorite activities, so I was glad they humoured me. Elliot only complied because we found a "how good are you singing" thermometor poster thing in Mom's old primary chorister stuff. He worked it like a champ.

Then before we knew it, it was Christmas Morning!

We got Isaac a helium balloon. He loved it just as much as we thought he would, and it didn't take up luggage space on the way home! The only regret is that his siblings popped it after only a few hours.


Elliot wrapped a few presents to bring out with us. The absolute best was a neatly wrapped square that turned out to be just wrapping paper with "NOTHING" written inside.

The remnants of Christmas morning pull aparts!

The best gift was the candy from around the world that Morgan got for Max. We sampled all of them and only had to spit out a few. It turns out that India makes some truly disguting substances that have no right to be called candy. Max's favorite was the musk flavored candy that I thought was nasty. My favorites were his least favorites, so he sent me home with them. I got to entertain my book club with red poppy and honey lavender candy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment