Sunday, March 3, 2019

Sahuarita Snow Day!

It snowed a ton on Feb 22! All the long time locals I talked to said it was the most they have ever seen. It snowed from about 7 am until noon and it actually stuck! I was convinced that it wasn't going to last that long, so I dragged Elliot outside to play in it before we went to volleyball. He did not want to get out of bed, so I had to bribe him with hot chocolate. 

Annie was completely enthralled by the snow up until she got her hands all in it
Hummingbird in the peach blossoms in the snow. I think this makes me an artist.
Elliot was really just in it for the hot chocolate
After volleyball, it was still coming down, and all the exposed turf from snowman #1 had been covered up again! I didn't have gloves for the kids (note to self: next time put socks on hands), so Annie didn't last very long. Elliot refused to touch the snow with his bare hands, so I ended up making this lovely snowman family myself and having a great time doing it. 


Afterwards I decided to try to recreate my childhood by making fried scones. I tried to cut corners with this fast no-rise scones recipe, which was a big mistake. It was dense and gross and nothing like my mom's recipe. Oh well- hopefully Elliot appreciated my snow day efforts!

No comments:

Post a Comment