Friday, October 26, 2018

Fish Fry and Party Plane

After we finished rolling up our sleeping bags and sweeping out the cabins, we drove to Uncle Dave and Aunt Audrey's house for the annual post-Alpine Fish Fry. It is kinda funny that we have made a traditional after party that is over an hour away but pretty much everyone goes to it. As always, the food was delicious and the company was great.
Her head looks so tiny!
Elliot loves driving on the rocky road just as much as I did as a wee lass
Elliot and his (much tougher) second cousin found a hornet's nest. One got him through his jeans and left a nice welt!
After lots of love and a warm bath, he was adequately recovered enough to enjoy a river sunset
Elliot with Jace (Troy's son)
The next day, Max drove us to the Provo Airport. After we made it through security, they announced that our flight was delayed by 3 hours. I kind of wish we had asked Max to come bail us back out, but we were afraid that they would move the flight up again. The airport is tiny with just one big room to wait in. We were hanging out when my friend Palmer called me on the phone. It was pretty random because we haven't talked for a long time, but he had a question he knew I would know the answer to. We had been chatting for a while when I noticed Palmer's brother Spencer Dickson in the same terminal as me! What are the chances of that?? To make it even crazier, I found Ian Blake, another guy from my home stake on the same flight! So there were 3 people who grew up in the McLean, VA stake who were on this flight from Provo, UT to Mesa, AZ. It blew my mind. 

No comments:

Post a Comment