Monday, November 6, 2017

Mimi

My mom was able to come for 10 days to hang out with her favorite (ok, her only) grandkids!
So many books
So many snuggles
 We made a trip to the Children's Museum for the first time. Elliot loved it and was generally way too busy to let us photograph him. We'll be back for sure!

We tackled some ambitious projects with my mom there to help and make sure we didn't screw anything up. First up: Painting and decorating Elliot's big boy room.
We found 11 books under his bed. I love my little reader. 
The finished product
 We decided to replace the section of carpet near our garage door with vinyl. We come in and out of this door all the time, and the carpet was pretty trashed. This way, there is a carpet-free place to come in and take off our shoes. I was filled with many doubts about how good it would look and our ability to do it, but now that it is done I love it!
Tearing out the carpet
Elliot was frequently too helpful
This woman is amazing. She masterminded this whole project and did a ton of the physical work on it, despite having a foot that she couldn't put much weight on at all. My mom is the toughest person I know. 
Our other activities with mom included watching all of season 2 of Stranger Things, a fun visit from Susan Hekking, and of course a trip to Manuels. 

No comments:

Post a Comment