Sunday, August 13, 2017

Tucson Temple

We have a new temple in Tucson! It is about 45 minutes away from our house. Before now, we had to drive an hour longer than that up to the Gilbert temple. We would go during our trips to visit Mary since it was such an ordeal to drive that far for a session. 


I love the unique design of the temple. It is the only LDS temple with a dome! I think it blends really well with the area.

Aaron and I volunteered as tour guides during the open house, which was an awesome experience. We were paired up so that I was the leader and he was the caboose. We started at a nearby stake center where they watched a video about temples in general, then we hopped on a bus for a short drive to the temple. During the bus ride, I got to read this great informational blurb with facts about the temple design, materials, and motifs. Then we got off the bus, lined up, and walked through the temple at "funeral pace." This is a rather small temple, and the amount of visitors was way more than anticipated, so we were always right on the heels of the group in front of us. 





It was a really neat experience! I love knowing more about the beautiful work that went into building this building. It will for sure make me appreciate the building more as I visit over the years.

No comments:

Post a Comment