Sunday, June 18, 2017

Aaron turns 28

Aaron is now 28! For the second year in a row, we went to a wedding on his birthday (last year it was my cousin Aaron, this year it was Mary). We celebrated a day early. It was an off Friday, but he worked a half day to flex some time for our upcoming vacation. He came home and helped do some packing prep until Daniel and Wendy showed up. They flew out for the wedding, and had enough time to come down and spend a day with us. We took them to San Xavier mission, then came back for dinner and cake!
I am extremely proud of this year's peanut butter cheesecake

I made it in the Instant Pot (pressure cooker). I had to do a little scrambling when the pan I prepared the cake in didn't fit into the pot, but it turned out perfectly cooked! The ganache covered up the very uneven surface caused by transferring pans and the tin foil sticking to the top.
Daniel and Wendy seem concerned he's not going to get the candle out
Happy Birthday to my favorite person!

No comments:

Post a Comment