Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Halloween

We had a great time having a little person to dress up for Halloween for the first time.

Awesome spooky sky (unfortunately this was a few days before Halloween... close enough)
Elliot was a super cute Dobby. I tried to tie/safety pin his pillow case in a non-destructive way and it turned out OK, but probably would have stayed on better if I had just cut it up. 
A House Elf in the backyard

He eventually got used to the ginormous ear hat

"What is this thing on me?"
Aaron went as Harry Potter and I went as Luna Lovegood. Our costumes were not as cute as Elliot's. 

Ready for the church Halloween party
 
Elliot's head is covering up Aaron's Gryffindor badge. Note Dobby's sock tucked in his belt
I ran into a far more authentic Luna Lovegood. We had the same printable spectroscopes. 
Elliot permitted us to carve a pumpkin with friends a few days later. The trick was to keep a steady stream of bean dip going into his mouth while the other one worked. 

Elephant pumpkin
Elliot was amused by the first few trick-or-treaters that came to our house before he headed to bed. I ended up setting up a chair outside to handle the steady stream of kids until I ran out of candy. I accidentally told one kid "Happy Birthday" instead of "Happy Halloween." Neither of us knew quite what to do after that.

Aaron and I finished off the day by watching the Mystery Science Theater 3000 version of "Squirm," a thrilling tale of a southern town terrorized by man-eating worms after a broken power line electrocutes the ground after a big storm. It was pretty amusing and 100% scientifically accurate.
Don't worry, most of the good guys lived the flesh-eating worm attack

No comments:

Post a Comment