Sunday, August 14, 2022

White Rocks, Red Rocks, Allsops

The next day was "climb on rocks" day! The morning outing was a short hike along White Rocks Trail in Snow Canyon. 

Cuties!

We had a blast exploring and climbing around

Why is it that walking on rock is so much more fun than walking on normal ground?


Elliot and I left the little kids behind and climbed way up to the top of the stone hill. It was fun stealing some one on one time with my big guy. I love having a kid old enough to do so much fun stuff!


At the bottom of the rock hill was a giant ampitheatre of sand! There were people attempting to sled down it. Our kids mostly called it "brown sugar" and made cakes out of it. 
Riley and Annie, sand chef extrodinaires

I think he was going for some kind of exfoliation treatment. There was SO much sand in his diaper. 

There were also some neat caves for us to explore


We're good at family pictures.

So good.

 
Allsop-Blood group picture!

We de-sanded and napped the kids at the rental house, then went out to dinner and Pioneer Park. 

Elliot and Tyson being fierce

So fierce

Aaron contemplating the beauties of creation

Dads at their most majestic

The main reason for going to Pioneer Park was... THE CRACK!

The crack is this... well, crack that you can climb through. It was narrow enough that I had to turn sideways through most of it. That was a problem because I was helping Annie, so I would have to give her these awkward left handed boosts. Next time I'll face the other way when going through! 

Aaron pretending to emerge victorious at the top of the crack. A highlight was Riley saying "I hope I don't get SQUEEZED!" in a rather manic voice.

I think that the version of Elliot that emerges when he is outside exploring is my favorite version of Elliot. 


Nature's Bunk Beds

This trip was just splendid! I'm so glad we thought to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment