Sunday, November 8, 2020

Taking the scenic way home

The long drive back was way more fun because we caravanned with Stephen and Claudia and broke it up over a few days with a couple of national park stops. 
This little guy was unreasonably well behaved throughout. We don't deserve this bright eyed sweetie. 

Our first stop was Zion National Park. Thanks to Covid, the parks now have a reservation system they use to limit the amount of people in the park at a time. They took half the seats out of the shuttle busses and require masks on the shuttles. It was very nice not having to wait in line for over an hour like last time, and the park was the least crowded I have ever seen it!
On the Zion shuttle

Hiking down to the narrows

Look at this handsome masked man

We eventually took off our masks. It was hot and we figured it was safe enough being outside and keeping our distance from other groups. 

I failed to pack a hat for my bald baby so I covered Isaac's head with a dishrag from the Airbnb. 


These monkey cousins really push Elliot outside of his comfort zone, and it is so good for him. 

We had to jog to catch up afterwards, but I was lagging behind to let this kid conquer his mountain.

oh the SWEET BABY CHEEKS

Next stop: Grand Canyon north rim. I have only been to the south rim before. The north rim is much less developed but still magnificent. 
Elliot drew this wolf shaped maze in the car. You start as the stick figure guy on the face, collect the hearts, then make your way down to the smiley face on the leg. You have to blast the brown wooden walls out of the way. 

We ended up going on a short little paved walk to an overlook point. No dogs were allowed, so I stayed back with Choco and nursed Isaac while the others went. Several people asked me about the handsome pooch, and I had to pretend like I was a dog owner or even a person who knows a single thing about dogs. 

I wanted to go see the overlook, so Aaron and I went for a little jaunt with the baby while Claudia and Stephen let the kids stuff their faces with snacks. 

Isaac's head covering for the day was a pair of Annie's shorts. I really regretted not packing his super cute hat!

I love that we are "National Park" type people

... at least the part of her face covered by the mask is clean?

No comments:

Post a Comment