Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Elliot at 5+ Months

We have fun forcing Elliot to try to sit up. He's definitely strong enough, but doesn't have the balance part now. His record is somewhere around 7 seconds, but he doesn't seem to mind repeatedly falling over. The results can be pretty hilarious, as demonstrated by the artfully crafted video montage below:


I love how blue Elliot's eyes look in this next picture. Thanks Lakin for taking awesome pictures!
Elliot hanging out in his carseat during our Patagonia Lake trip 
He's pretty good with loud noises unless he is falling asleep. He started bawling once when Aaron sneezed while I was getting him to sleep- I wish I had gotten it on video because his face was priceless! 
Keeping tabs on the vacuum from a safe distance

I love that little face!
We aren't super gung-ho about solids yet. At this point, I give him some rice cereal for fun if he already needs a bath. He is only mildly interested in food at this point and it is SO MESSY.
Always an adventure
Banana Mush Falls

We finally had a swimming break through! We took him to the heated pool at the clubhouse and had a jolly good time. There were some kids from the ward there that got him laughing super hard by popping out of the water and tickling him. 
Showing off his pool bod

 Elliot LOVES books. To the point where it is hard to read to him because he starts flailing wildly and will kick/grab the book out of my hand. I have the best luck if he's sitting in his basinet. I hope that this keeps going and he turns out to be a book lover like me!
READ ALL THE THINGS
Elliot is a happy, sweet baby! He sleeps from about 7-5:30 every night, then comes and eats and sleeps some more with me in bed. I usually don't get up until 7ish unless he is particularly squirmy. He is much better at napping than before, but it still fluctuates quite a bit. I don't worry about it too much as long as he gets them in at some point. I bring him with me to Zumba and Volleyball at the stake center several mornings a week and he'll watch people and suck his thumb contentedly until he demands to be taken home for nap time. He's a cutie and I couldn't love him more!

1 comment:

  1. Cute! I love when he face plants and then can't get up because he's too top heavy!
    Love Aunt Jenny

    ReplyDelete