Tuesday, December 30, 2014

A Very Krusty Thanksgiving

Better late than never...

KRISTY TUNG CAME FOR THANKSGIVING!!!! It was just plain awesome having her around. I hadn't seen her since she left on her mission almost 2 years ago. It was great having a really great friend around and catching up on each other's lives.

Krust enjoyed seeing the native plants probably more than anyone else. "Hi, I'm Kristy, and I like Flowers..." haha. We went on a walk on the nature trail by our house and to the Desert Museum. I was concerned about going into labor while we were out and about. It added a layer of excitement and danger to our activities. Luckily the little guy didn't cause any trouble.
Saguaro, pregnant belly (it looked very different when I turned sideways), and friendship! This is on the wilderness trail by our house
Chewing on those things like farmers do 

This series of pictures from the Desert Museum makes me incredibly happy, especially the last picture where you can see that she was surrounded by random people and kids wanting a turn in the turtle

We spent some time playing Age of Empires. Ok, we spent a lot of time playing Age of Empires. Aaron won every time, even when Krust and I were on a team. I attribute this equally to Aaron's great skills and my complete lack of skills- I was holding team Krustash back big time. Video games were not part of my childhood so I lack the video game instincts that other people seem to have.
Nerrrrrrds
We invaded Aaron's sister-in-law's family for Thanksgiving. The Mikesells were incredibly hospitable despite the fact that most people had no idea who we were since we aren't actually related to them. The food was incredibly delicious, and I had my first exposure to deep fried turkey. There were also 4 types of mashed potatoes and more pies than I could count.

The Mikesell's backyard with classy lights
Also of note: Aaron and I won an athletic competition! The Mikesells have a homemade ladder golf set and we won the tournament. Our strategy was to get our opponents to lower their guard by completely missing the ladder most of the time and then have some incredibly lucky rounds at the end. 

Stock image of ladder golf
I hereby end this post with a picture of one of my favorite humans wearing my halloween costume.
Krusty Krang


No comments:

Post a Comment